The spirit of the curriculum targets essential learning for our students. These essentials represent society’s aspirations for B.C’s educated citizen. The ultimate goal is for our students is to think critically and communicate information from a broad knowledge base where they can make independent decisions, contribute to society and are cooperative, principled, and respectful regardless of differences. Our curriculum encapsulates:
- literacy, numeracy and Indigenous learning in all areas.
- the cross curricular foundations of thinking, communication, and personal and social awareness (core competencies).
- a model that focuses on doing (curricular competencies), understanding (big ideas) and knowing (content).
- a concept-based approach to develop the competencies with deeper and transferable learning.
- a value in diversity and meeting the needs of all students.
- personalized and flexible learning environment that encourages student ownership through interest, goals, learning needs and choice.
Our School Board has approved a number of courses not included in BC's curriculum. This link will provide the outlines for all of our BAA courses.